Building Bridges: Kita “Schatzkiste”
Our facility is located in the district of Stadtfeld Ost. For leisure activities, we use the schoolyard as well as various playgrounds in the vicinity, but especially the directly adjacent traffic playground, which can be reached directly from the after-school care centre by means of a passage gate.
At present, 237 children are cared for by 13 teachers in our after-school care centre. We are also supported by 1 FSJ and a pedagogical assistant. The Schatzkiste day care centre has a capacity of 260 places. We look after children between the ages of 6 and 14. We currently have 12 groups with an average of 20 children. In our facility, there are regular groups, which provide the children with the necessary orientation framework, as well as a clear time, rule and room structure. After homework, the children have the opportunity to decide for themselves whether or to which activities they would like to go, or in which rooms they would like to stay. The children are free to decide which teacher they want to go to, which children they want to play with, which room they want to use or whether they want to play in the yard.
Lunch is provided by the school, but in the afternoon the children have the opportunity to buy a healthy snack in our after-school café. The after-school café is run by children for children under the guidance of our pedagogical assistant.
- assist in leisure activities for children and adolescents
- develop and create offers for children and youngsters
2. Public Relations in the One World House
The Auslandsgesellschaft Sachsen-Anhalt (AGSA) is a NGO with more than 38 member organizations, working in the areas of development policy, European and international exchanges and the integration of immigrants into German society. You will learn more about public relations and methods of media design.
- Participating in issuing the bi-monthly magazine “Deine Welt” by creating the layout for the magazine and writing articles
- Designing flyers, posters, and other promotional materials for NGOs
- Assisting in the planning and implementation of events
- Assisting in the preparation, implementation and follow-up of the international youth project “Eurocamp” with other volunteers
- Organizing and implementing own project ideas
- General office activities
3. International Youth Work
We, the Foreign Society Sachsen-Anhalt (Auslandsgesellschaft Sachsen-Anhalt - AGSA) are responsible for the preparation of the Eurocamp and further activities in the field of international Youth work.
- promoting the Eurocamp 2023 in different platforms (social media, websites, etc.)
- contributing own ideas for the program development
- selecting participants for the project
- preparing participants for the participation in the project
- support the Eurocamp team 2023
- support in the organization of and participate in the preparatory and evaluation seminars of the Eurocamp 2023
- workshops in schools and intercultural learning activities with other volunteers
4. Community Television
Offener Kanal Magdeburg e. V. is a television broadcaster and one of the AGSA’s member organizations. The volunteers will have the opportunity to gain experience in a broad range of areas. They will assist in the production of various programs and films, particularly in the areas of script, camerawork and cutting. The volunteers will be involved in the recording of live events, such as concerts, theatres, debates, etc., and will also assist in the production of the intercultural youth magazine “Jugendstil” (“Youth Style)”. In addition, the volunteers will have the chance to produce his / her own film. Further areas of activity include general organizational tasks (such as technical work, archiving, programming, etc.) as well as assistance in the presentation of video workshops in schools and youth centers.
- Assisting in the production of various programmes and films
5. Youngsters for Europe
The "Europäische Jugendbildungsstätte Magdeburg" is a youth-educational center and multigenerational house. Our offers target young people, as well as the local community. The tasks of the volunteers are very diverse and can be adapted to the volunteers in accordance with their personal interests, experiences, and language level. The service is funded by the European Solidarity Corps Project Activities
- Cooperation in the preparation, implementation & follow-up of international youth projects
- Participation in the preparation, implementation & follow-up of youth education projects for young people from Germany
- Planning and implementation of events in the multi-generational house
- Visiting events as a representative of the European Youth Educational Center
- Designing flyers, posters
- Supporting staff in organising youth exchanges and team volunteering services
- General office activities, handiwork activities
You will stay in a flat-sharing community with 2-3 other ESK volunteers. You will have your own bedroom with a shared kitchen and bathroom. Free Wi-Fi is also included.
Food and pocket money
In the beginning of the month, you will receive the money to cover your food expenses (the rate is decided by the national agency) and pocket money for your own expenses. Currently, it is 9,01 €/day for food and 5€/day for pocket money. During workshops, training, seminars you will be provided with complete catering (3 times per day). For those days you will receive no food money.
You will receive money to cover the monthly ticket for tram and buses in Magdeburg.
Prior to your ESK, you will have access to the so-called Online Linguistic Support (OLS). During the project, you will have an opportunity to receive language support.
Working time & holidays
The working time is 32 or 38 hours on five days per week, depending on the project. Participation in trainings, the monthly meetings and the language course is included in those hours. You 24 days per year (2 days per month) vacations. The days of the vacations should be agreed with your responsible in the hosting project.
Language Café and Personal Project
Together with the other volunteers in Magdeburg you will organize a language café twice per month to discuss various topics in different languages and learn more about different cultures. Besides, you will have the opportunity to carry out a personal project.
-> Please send your motivation letter and CV until 14th August to firstname.lastname@example.org and specify in the e-mail subject to which project(s) you apply to. Preselected participants will be invited for a video interview. Please feel free to apply earlier because we will carry out interviews consequently.