Short term ESC volunteering in Italy!
- Name of the project: “HIGH ROAD”
- Dates: 04 June to 03 August 2023. ( duration 59 days).
- Where: Mussomeli- Sicily, Italy
- Who: volunteers from Greece / current residents of Greece
(pax age: 18-30)
- Travel reimbursement up to 270 euros
The general aim of the “High Road” project is to:
• contribute to the improvement of health and well-being of vulnerable people, by promoting healthy, eco-friendly, and positive lifestyles.
• contribute to building inclusive communities by supporting vulnerable groups as people from COVID-19 impact and other diseases.
• raise awareness about prevention through campaigns, promotion and information dissemination, public discussions to improve the general health of the populations
The project is structured in an itinerant action thought the Sicilian land, which would interest about different communities from in the centre of Sicily. The structure sees activities implemented in different inner areas of Sicily, preceded by a preparatory visit + timely actions in surrounding nearby communities. Events, campaigns, meetings, workshops, workcamps would be the main activities. Health, well-being, legality related to antimafia, and archaeology will be promoted as means to achieve the main objectives.
In total, 40 volunteers will be hosted at the same time for 59 days. All together at the beginning ad at the end of the implementation period, while, in two different groups of 20 volunteers in the interim period.
Health and wellbeing
ACCOMMODATION, FOOD AND TRANSPORT ARRANGEMENTS
The project will be implemented in different areas of inner Sicily. For all of them, Strauss will cover accommodation and food for all the volunteers. Volunteers will be involved in activities 5 days per week, with a maximum of 35 working hours.
Volunteers will get a pocket money. Food will be covered. Internal transportation is covered by Strauss APS Travels will be refunded according to specific travel distance band as the 2021 European Solidarity Corps guide
TRAINING DURING THE ACTIVITY
Pre-departure preparation provided by Supporting Organizations Welcome Training, Task-related preparation during the first week of activities;
Mid-term Evaluation around the 4th week of activities and Final Evaluation at the end of the action.
Much appreciated is this profile:
1. Flexible and adaptable
2. willing to work and live in rural areas of Sicily
3. Willing to work in disadvantaged communities;
4. Willing to work and live in rural areas of Sicily;
5. Proactive, positive, curious, open-minded and responsible.
A total of 9 week(s) during the period 04/06/2023 to 03/08/2023
- More info about the organization:
*we will reply to you if you were accepted within three days.